Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Light In The Cave

The Light In The Cave
The solstice is all about the return of the light, as the Sun (symbolically) proceeds from the criminal world.

Astronomy Dream of of the Day has a wonderful image of the solstice light at Newgrange in Ireland and diverse of an analemma (the path of the Sun in the region of the engagement) owing to the Entrance hall of the Maidens in Athens. You can as well as see a webcast of the Newgrange beginning.

As ever, Mything Family (a wonderful site for mythological and spiritual possessions) has gathered a smorgasbord of contacts and words for Yule, in the midst of this Schooling by Judith Roche:

I thanks in the deep hole paintings at Lascaux,

the beauty of the clavicle,

the cranium of the salmon.

I thanks in all the gods -


I detached don't rival some of them.

I thanks "the war is constantly on top of the prophecy,"

is habitual, hypnotic, and incessant.

I thanks in fairies, elves, angels and bodisatvas.

Santa Claus and the Pointed tooth Dryad,

I thanks Raven made up the Hangout


and so did Coyote. In archeology

lie the clues. The reduce is spiritual

and the way in is the way out.

I thanks in the alphabets, all of them

and the stories seeping from between their post.

I thanks in adventure as prayer, that the chutzpah

fissure made up rhythm and chant --

or is it the other way around?

I thanks in the wisdom of the entice.

I thanks that art saves lives


and love makes it merit living them.

And that possibly will be the other way approaching, too. I love it.

It's as well as merit cargo a hum at the 2006 Wintery Shamanism piece and the 2007 Kore and Persephone page.

This year's page as well as has contacts to two other vastly accessible websites, which I normally find individually referring to at the same time as prose rituals: Candlegrove and Literary of the Seasons. If you haven't visited these sites before, do look at them out.

Not that many Pagan blogposts about Yule, maybe any person is too vibrant enjoying themselves to blog about it...

WitchDoctor Joe has been celebrating Yule in course group, with the traditional fight between the Oak and Holly Kings. He has as well as been hanging out with the Unitarians, prose tongue, and con a Yule ritual at the wrap up slow (he's a slow chaplain).