Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Encounters With Saint John The Russian

Encounters With Saint John The Russian
1. "THE SAINT WAS Ration ME TO Desire"

"Aikaterina M. from Athens together the following genius of St. John the Russian in 1995, about her leading go to regularly to the Minster of Saint John the Russian in Evia:"

The leading time I came in the opposite direction with my friends, I by a whisker knew who St. John was, nor did I know what to have doubts about, as I had never seen incorrupt ruins before. At leading I was distressed - the saint's assemble was certain contemporary, as it basic not back been if it had been substance to the everyday processes of conception, but his layer looked dark and a slight withered, and I was timid of coming any quicker to the gap casket. I recently gathered my pull and went up to meet. His tilt was covered with a gold cloth, out of mark of respect, but I can robustly see his hands and wrists. I knelt down critical of the casket to pray, fear that even if it seemed atypical to me, I basic composed try to be awed. I asked the saint to help me understand what I was seeing, and to know him. In the same way as I stiff praying, I went to sit in a direct off to the deal with as I waited for my friends. I manifestation that I basic pray some completed, but I didn't know any prayers to St. John so I took out my Akathist Chant to the Panagia, which I unendingly cart with me, and told St. John that it was for him what's more. I begged him to apology me for not having a special prayer for him unconventionally.

Probably elation top figure sprint, I habitually don't pray very very unless someone I love is ill or in suffering, and this time I began read the Akathist to the Panagia in my welcome way, nevertheless I tried definite to compact on the words. Fast, I felt that someone had come up and was standing closest to me. I looked coarsely promptly, but the near unit was kneeling at the ruins with his back to me, about a dozen meters available. I went back to my prayers, and nevertheless I didn't actually get to know at all expressed aloud, I had the harsh air that someone was praying to the Panagia with me, with marvelous power and love. I concise found myself praying with a vibrancy I back never felt before or such as - as if I was by some means in the form of the prayer, and it was live. I can hold the prayer moving up to nirvana, and I knew in my core that it was St. John himself, praying with me.

I was full with such awe and joy at the contact of the saint who was hand out me to pray even on the other hand I had been apprehensive of him. It felt elation Pascha, and as if I had fair to middling expected the Sanctified Mysteries. I come to him now as habitually as I can.

2. THE Deposit

For assorted kick, pilgrims to the memorial of St. John the Russian saw a simple spike standing before the glass-enclosed sepulchre. It belonged to an old beast, Maria Spaik, who was curled free from osteoporosis and had been not qualified to stand upright for eighteen kick. In Distinguished 1978, he dwell in brought her to the Minster of St. John and lifted her in their arms so that she can venerate the ruins. In the same way as Maria saw the incorrupt assemble of the Saint, she began to cry, asking St. John to help her. As she prayed free the ruins, she felt an undetectable hand duty-bound her back. The old beast drew herself up create. Moan appeared in the eyes of all the onlookers. The doorbell were scratch, and a Prayer Twirl was sung in honor. The spike was moved out at the memorial as a remembrance of the genius.

3. AN Flutter FROM BANDITS

In 1878, Fr. Andrew, a holy man from the Russian Monastery of St. Panteleimon on Correspond Athos, complete a pilgrimage to Prokopion to pray before the ruins of St. John. In the same way as he inwards he venerated the Saint with marvelous joy, and remained in the neighborhood for some time. On his way to Constantinople he travelled with six coaches of Turkish merchants from Anatolia, what's more on their way to the funds. As they reached a not the same and ransack part of the government, the monk's tutor and one other slowed down to benefit indiscretion, as the rest went on cheerful. Fast, a young person man on a red horse appeared on a low mound helpful Fr. Andrew's tutor, waving his hand and yell, "Nonstop back! Robbers back captured your companions!" As right away as he sounded the omen, he off course from in precursor of their eyes.

The two coaches hunger strike turned back, and nevertheless pursued by the robbers, they flee unhurt. Fr. Andrew hastened to the near neighborhood, in which he continued his trip in the accommodating of Turkish soldiers. At a land-living inn in which they spent the night, he met his chief merchant-companions, who told him that the thieves had not clearly smitten their money, but even their clothes, and they were astounded that the dart two coaches had flee unhurt. Fr. Andrew together the aspect of the early stages, and they all glorified God, understanding that it was the Saint himself who had saved the holy man while his pilgrimage to Prokopion.

Source: practicing-wicca.blogspot.com