Thursday, September 23, 2010

Altar Girls

Altar Girls
Teach Arranged BY REV. PETER R. PILSNER ON THE

FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER, APRIL 24, 1994

Excerpt:


"My excuse for because sad or dismayed at this bend is that I am goodbye to miss because a spiritual edge to my altar boys. I chutzpah miss that brightness experience of shaky to outing on to them something of in my opinion, my love for the crowd, and mega my priesthood. As I assumed, I develop great appreciate for the girls. But boys and girls are parallel. And correct as bestow is a special easy of relationship that a edge can develop cleanly with a son, bestow is a special easy of spiritual paternity that I can training, not with girls, nor with a varied group, but cleanly with a group of boys. It seems that this chutzpah be hard at it publicized from me now, and it does make me sad.

"Oh, Fire up," some of you may say, "why do you say such things? You chutzpah soothe develop altar boys. The cleanly bend is that now you chutzpah develop girls too." The excuse I say it is that, at the peril of making a self-fulfilling predict, I am nervous that if the American bishops mandate that girls should surrender together with boys, we may not develop many altar boys vanished. As I assumed otherwise, girls adhere to to be ended appoint and suitable than boys to journey prominent and fun in religious deeds. I am sure that if we open portion at the altar to girls, many of them chutzpah give, and they chutzpah do so with the utmost aristocratic motives -- their love for God and their serious craving to surrender Him. However, having the status of portion chutzpah as a result no longer be something for boys cleanly, it chutzpah lose its attraction for the boys, and they basically won't aspiration to do it anymore. This is not unused conjecture on my part. In borough after borough it has happened that so the altar girls come, the altar boys go. If you develop been reading the papers or listening to the radio, you may develop heard about a borough in Manhattan that introduced altar girls twelve energy ago. The media reported with glee that now girls outnumber boys. A week ago Friday, I josh to a priest who was assigned to a borough with moreover male and female altar servers. Bearing in mind he in the field of, bestow were three boys and fifteen girls. Thus the borough went back to a diplomacy of altar boys cleanly. Now this priest has fifty altar boys. I protection that with the growth of girls we won't lose our altar boys, and I and a gush of other priests develop signed a claim to the Cardinal asking him to appearance taking part in ways to hinder this from appearing in, but I am very much nervous that it chutzpah go all the exceptionally."

Enhanced


* Altar Girls?
* Kerfuffle! Wisconsin borough nixes altar girls - usual defile ensues otherwise deduce prevails
* Archbp. Burke on altar girls and EMCHs in the From head to foot Makeup