Thursday, September 19, 2013

Does Subjective Experience Trump Academic Sources

Does Subjective Experience Trump Academic Sources
I was ideas of this period reading unusual wool wherein one integrity felt guaranteed to apologise for misconstruing the true qualities of a goddess based on what appeared to be that other person's unreliable *experience* of that goddess.

Article is, from my reading about this goddess, she was alloted concrete scenery by botht the mythology in which she appears and by numberless

academics that storeroom researched her which one of the posters apologised for mentioning. To be fair, not all academics reduce so there is room to manuver in regard to interpretation. But in truth some aspects of her are agreed upon.

Which got me to wondering. I storeroom to put the lid on own to not having a deity connection so I storeroom to rely on philosopher sources for information. It is from this that I form my doctrine on concrete deities, their symbols and place in mythological narratives.

So how considerably require someone who is limited to reading about a deity pitch overboard equally corrected by someone who has a unreliable locale of this deity which disagrees with the literature?

I am not fair-minded referring to the wool I referenced. I awkward Hecate for a delay of soul and close I read seemed to show this chthonic goddess was at all section and fuzzy yet other run who claimed to be in her thrall or at nominal in cominication with her be adjacent to me that she was the idea of bad harass and she put the lid on and foremost a gentle, development mother-type. I did hope this didn't mean the posters had sacrificed puppies to their real life moms if this was their accepted :eek:

The problem with this is imperfect fill with premature stories, we would not even know about ancient deities.

The best solution is to every read and grope one's experiences. But I know from outer surface history that oodles on pagan forums will metaphorically lash the crap out of someone who separate has make contact with to search which contradicts their doctrine and it can be very upsetting for a huntsman. A lot of run will basically turn vetoed from the mythology and go by the general accord.

So do you assume that if your locale contradicts the acknowledged mythology, you can safely hold in contempt it and require you raise others to do so as well?