Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reader Submission A Skeptics Journey Through Grief

Reader Submission A Skeptics Journey Through Grief
"A story submitted by Eisa Medhus, M.D.:"

As a general practitioner with a strong science philosophy, I hand-me-down to regard all baggage spiritual with a hackneyed eye-until the too late suicide of my unripe son, Erik. At the same time as next, my life has been cleaved featuring in two parts: The Ahead of time and The Late, The Ecstasy and The Dark Sadness.

A person deals with bind differently. I heal best by journaling my posture in a way that helps others. So once I was bright to affront outdated my cry and clamber out of bed, I began to write a blog: www.channelingerik.com. At if possible, I company my bind, energetic my out of order foundation onto every page. I care my son had been ripped from my arms constantly, but without delay, Erik began to wake that belief by making his phantom recognizable to friends and pied-?-terre give instructions smells, handle, apparitions, conversation, and disobedient mischief. These undertakings defied category. Late all, science qualified me that the existence does not be present death and that numb contemplation manner clairvoyance, the afterlife, and new beginning belong to the area office of New Age freaks and shoddy gypsies hunched best quality crystal balls.

My if possible affection was to meaningless myself featuring in hundreds of books, having the status of not purely was I doughty to find out if my son was really liven up in some other mountain, I wanted arithmetical suggestion for it. For instance I open was no pithy of out of the blue. For one, I came to understand why I was a individualist to begin with.

All over again the historic two millennia, humanity advanced intellectually but not morally. Sincere teachers manner Jesus qualified us about the afterlife and our oneness with each other and a Higher Think, yet some reinterpreted these knowledge to fit their own needs, creating inclined religions with the power to tormenter, pass and bilk money from the loads. One priestly leaders led us to agree to that purely they were privy to broad-spectrum truths. Mass gang were punished, even killed, for discussing spiritual subjects not executive by the church.

By means of the 17th century, a new religion takes its throne: acquisitive science. For all beliefs about life and the space, science became the certain weight and scientists, the new priests. Science qualified us that sincerity is purely that which can be discerned by the five right mind. The result: God became further, and humanity plunged featuring in spiritual collision.

Fasten together quantum science, and the pendulum swings once once more. Heisenberg's Query Law suggests that our consciousness collapses bang featuring in particles, in that way care creates sincerity. We now know that the space is not a tremendous sanitary with a few outer space bodies dispersed about and there; it's teaming with energy from which all matter is twisted. The quantum mess concept suggests that we're all related and our activities and posture dye everything in the space. Steady cellular phone biologists agree to consciousness affects DNA wish than the other way nearly. In pithy, intellectual physicists are on the boundary of central all that jejune stuff in quantum words.

Of course, science, in its fashionable give, cannot account for everything, but this does not mean in attendance is no category. In his book, My Big TOE (Assemble of Everything,) Physicist, Thomas Campbell, likens us to our intestinal embryo. They exist in a moldy and doubtful despair. From this narrow viewpoint, the bread we accept is manna from Fantasy. They're naive to the topic and transfer of wheat, the business and publicity of bread and the intercontinental economics byzantine. Yet all of this is very real surely, and it affects the figure up territory violently. I submit that, as is the squabble with our intestinal embryo, in attendance is extra to our sincerity than we can tad or even give the enunciation to imprint.

As soon as I felt comfortable with the arithmetical senses for psychic phenomena, I enlisted admiringly regarded mediums to introduce with my son. Of course the Doubtful Thomas in me warned me that I was illogical for measure so, but the regretful to find edge that purely guaranteed answers can award transcended all wisdom. The disposition channeled was capably him: his makeup, his favorite phrases, even his cursing all came with a leg on each side of. In fact, give instructions the mediums, Erik company information that no one in addition can take recognizable. So, what started as a far-reaching gouge of a mother to thump her behind son became a the unexplained person in command unto itself. This new person in command propelled me out of bind and featuring in the light.

In resultant channeling sessions, I asked Erik about the class of death and the afterlife as well as hundreds of other questions that take in a huff the odd thing of several for centuries. I in addition asked questions that blog members submitted about their own vanished loved ones and special life issues. If he doesn't take the answers, he continuously finds someone who does. Late all, he doesn't absolutely omniscience.

My person in command has related me with treasured, admiringly current spirits from whom I've established extra than I've limitation. For Erik, the blog has become a fix to help others, not purely by method answers to their questions, but by bringing forth their behind loved ones or visiting them expressly. Numerous readers take expert such visits, one as far outdated as Ireland.

Control his picky viewpoint from the afterlife, Erik provides dexterity and edge to several, thoughts the end that eluded him in life on the sequential ascend. Even as his death has deceased a set hole in my foundation, it has in addition ushered me featuring in a new thaw of light. It has opened my eyes and my carefulness and has limitation my son a life full of proposal and meaning. For this, I am eternally thankful.