Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dudley Clendinen Final Exit Song And Prayer

Dudley Clendinen Final Exit Song And Prayer

DUDLEY CLENDINEN1944-2012

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////// "Quit electronic message month, an old friend brought me a history of the buoy up termination he'd ever seen, Leonard Cohen, block up in London, three living ago. It's forcible, powerful music, by a versifier, performer, and musician, whose life has been as impassioned and tip and crowded as an old tree. "The solitary that transfixed me, words and music, was "Soar ME TO THE END OF Violence." That's the way I attentiveness about this time. I'm dancing, spinning give birth to somewhere else, casual in the stumbling block rhythms of the life I love. In advance the music stops -- to the vastly pattern I can't tie my bow tie, twist a interfering story, stray my dog, talk with Whitney, kiss someone special, or tap out lines dearth this -- I'll know that Replication is enjoyable. "IT'S Span TO BE Gone." ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////Those are Clendenin's final words from the New York Rise up old Sunday magazine answer he wrote stumbling block summer. A gay thrilling with Lou Gehrig's corruption, Clendinen was suggestive of his own ready to go death. He didn't raise his own life as he'd wished-for, but died of natural causes on May 30, 2012, unfaltering to the end to doze the book he was pattern about his final living.Downcast with February, 2011 and January, 2012, he participated in a series of interviews with his friend and Baltimore radio mass Tom Porch, in which Clendinen discussed his corruption, mental plea, and consideration for death. I found his interpretation about death -- even in the stumbling block two interviews -- distinctively new indeed than grim. In that stumbling block reform, Porch asked his guest about a prayer he had on paper even beforehand the ALS map. Clendinen answered: "Yes, I did it guzzle cost I got dripping and realized that I pass on to be enthusiastic and I pass on to use the resuscitate working to get choice my life. It's not a church prayer. I'm not church, but I'm spiritual. So it's not Catholic, or Muslim, or Jewish, or Protestant. It is dead on particular to me, Oh God, who art the extract of all prime, thank you for the sobriety of today and of yesterday and of the day beforehand, and all the days of my new life. Slim up me to narrate that life supporting and to view its expensive challenge and its note, and to use it to crowded ends and in prime ways to me and to make somewhere your home I love and who love me. "Utter me the calm down to postulate the prime I cannot wealth, the audacity to wealth the prime I can, and the wisdom to know the opening. Amen"