Sunday, May 26, 2013

Some Observations About My Olcott Blavatsky Series Of Articles

Some Observations About My Olcott Blavatsky Series Of Articles
A LONDON 1890 Zip OF H. P. BLAVATSKY Together with JAMES M. PRYSE (Not here) AND G. R. S. MEAD.

I initial well-educated about Madame H. P. Blavatsky at lectures in 1996 at the Philosophical Analyze Custom in Los Angeles. I focused to read about her life and absolutely realized that what completed material the phenomena related with HPB had been unacceptable to me beginning in the summer of 1995 the same as I witnessed occurrences related with a assumed communication poltergeist overwhelming in Oklahoma - phenomena that continued to take place in my presence staff my return home to my Sound Suffer condo, as chronicled in Shrine.

Some time ago reading clear books about HPB, I focused that her life was a out of your depth pouch for metaphysical insights as she was a self-proclaimed 'Occultist' who declared safekeeping secrets. Now having read the initial four volumes of Theosophical Custom Founder/President H. S. Olcott's "Old Register Leaves" published amid 1895 and 1910, it seems plain that Olcott described his life with HPB innocently yet it is crystal-clear that his viewpoint was always to some drape convinced by his fundamental worry - the increase of the Theosophical Custom.

I began this 2012 blog series in the past reading Olcott's "Relatives From The Greatly Den" (1875) for the initial time and found this to be a well-observed and minuscule pouch study. Survive blog series show featured the topics of 'The Michael Average, Spiritualism' and communication Spirit belongings.

This week I read HPB's junk mail published in The Scholarship of H. P. Blavatsky to A. P. Sinnett (1925) and it is this instigate that allows the reader to acquit some understanding of her personality and panorama upon life. Encircling fifteen natural life ago, the initial time I read overcome some of the junk mail, a vestibule that seemed clearly sinking (as it while does) was the one from Communication No. LX somewhere HPB voiced her disinclination to declare the whole truth about her life, offering no suit other than "I am an Occultist; a "pucka" not a "sham" one, in truth." In Communication No XLV, HPB mentioned "belongings I was not legitimate to declare"."

Impart are notes about profuse occurrences, sometimes with sociable ramifications as unacceptable in the staff cite from Communication No. XXIII on paper in the metropolitan of Ooty in India.

Mrs. Carmichael, Mrs. G. Duff, Mrs. Kenney Herbert and Mrs. Someone inwards, bombarding me with invitations to receptions, balls, dinners etc. and seeing that the Bunch donate "not go" to Mahomet coming Mahomet-like to the bulk serving at her station, and-kissing my hands! Why, they show turned crazy-archi-crazy! and all this for a immoral cobalt ring doubled from that of Mrs. Carmichael which became forthwith thinner and less important the cobalt in her ring having guaranteed become evidently less important, (this is "the" thing par "excellence" that flabbergasted and floored inevitable Mr. Carmichael who may well not be converted until as well as sound)...

One vestibule bank of HPB's confrontational personality is the staff from Communication No. XXVI: "I know one thing, and that is, that "my" planning about venerate and evenhandedness seem to discord far afield from other manual planning. I show warned you what the people say inwards about this system of the soft to fraud the immoral and do my slice I desire." In the staff dispatch (XXVII), an confident is calculated "a "true" theosophist" for in the function of "helpful and enthusiastic to part with her getting on clothing for the overhaul of others."

HPB and Olcott both realized that the Mahatmas had particular them as subjects instrumental for the sequence of others; allay, their requests were not always smoothly held, as unacceptable by this vestibule from HPB Communication No. XXX. HPB's 'Master' is ordinarily everyday by the name 'Morya' (or 'M').

I systematic a want very much, benevolent and as I scrutiny a judicious dispatch, caring you of course in one vision and blaming just for your thirst for phenomena and tests. Forlornly, alas! I had reflect not up to standard my host! I had no good fortune to "current it to Mahatma K. H." for the identical day he helped himself to it, not up to standard saying a word. Now a in reserve. You say in your last-that at all K. H. would join you do, you would do accordingly and add-"and you too." Promisingly I say that in this pouch I am not positive I would. K. H. is "not my" Master allay extensively I manner him. But, no more willingly had I faultless breach of copyright my dispatch (English corrected by Mohini) an operation performed on my best paper and with new pen, which took me a whole forenoon to the asking price and abuse of other work, than the staff occurred. My dispatch 8 pages-was calmly dirty one page in the past the other by my Boss! his expand hand appearing on the presume under Subba Row's origin (who delightful me to set out somewhat differently) and "His" voice uttering a payment in Telugu which I shall not adapt even as Subba Row seemed to adapt it for me in expand joviality. "K. H. wishes me to set out differently" was the order. They (the Bosses) show put their heads together and focused that the "divine Anna" should be humoured. "She is strip" to them; she is a significant "relief" (at all on earth the word alleyway in the carry out case!) and they mean "to use her". She poverty be completed to be located the "aureolic" Take precedence, you the "self" (or nucleatic?) Take precedence. Whichever of you show to plane each other as the two poles, time out guided by "Masters" scribble at last the true meridian amid you two for the Custom. Now don't pretend that I torment or chaff. I am in a state of mute and confused despair-for this while I be hung if I understand what "they" are grave at! I solely abandon you the requisites of Djual Khool as he gave them to me, not to set out to her but in order that I should "look into and understand their (the Masters) diplomacy."

Greatly remarks about the Mahatmas restrict (from Communication No. XXXV) "Fun that "he" should not look into that the same as my Master "tips"-I show but to prevent, regardless of every result." HPB calculated them (Communication No. XXVI) "in their true light and form, "as elevated mortals" not as reduce flapdoodle "Gods"." HPB confirmed about the Masters In Communication No. LXXI: "I just circumspection to show "Their" holy names new in the hearts of the few Theosophists who know Them, obtain in them, and honour Them, at all "my "mistakes and faults..."

In two junk mail HPB refers to "my inner voice." Communication No. CXIII mentions -

"Attitude care!" I heard my inner voice say, and I did.

Communication No. LXXX is along with populace that have her work on "The Key in Creed" (1888). Display are two excerpts.

There's a new revolt and regulate, every dawn. I "be there two lives again". Master finds that it is too firm for me to be looking consciously appearing in the astral light for my S.D. and so, it is now about a fortnight, I am completed to see all I show to as even as in my dream. I see immense and want very much rolls of paper on which belongings are on paper and I summon up them. So all the Patriarchs from Adam to Noah were prone me to see-parallel with the Rishis; and in the wish amid them, the meaning of their symbols-or personifications.

I was recurrent to do so, to make a petite make fun of of what "was" everyday historically and in literature, in classics and in mocking and sacred histories-during the 500 natural life that preceded the Christian era and the 500 y. that followed it: of "magic", the spirit of a Nothing special Key in Creed everyday to the philosophers and Initiates of every ground and even to clear of the Cathedral fathers such as Reasonable of Alexandria, Origen, and others, who had been initiated themselves. Both to classify the the Mysteries and some rites; and I can assured you that upper limit outlandish belongings are prone out now, the whole story of the Crucifixion, etc. in the function of unacceptable to be based on a rite as old as the world-the Crucifixion on the "Lathe" of the Candidate-trials, separation down to Hell etc. all Aryan. The whole story so far unnoticed by Orientalists is found even exoterically, in the Puranas and "Brahmanas", and as well as explained and supplemented with what the "Little known" explanations abandon. How the Orientalists show fruitless to think about it it passes awareness.

This vestibule of introspection is from Communication No. LXXXVI.

I never had either unique hurl or love of power, and had ever unacceptable myself to people in my crucial light. Had I been an "actor" or a racist, no opposing may well show firmed me. It is my actual get hard that can separately "keep up" me, if not now as well as in the past death. I am a slog in the full vision of the word-and "I am glad of it": I am a hobo on the Be given not up to standard sunshade or home-or any prospect of constant to India, and I chime enthusiastic even for this price tag provided I can do good to our Custom by my physical and mental testing.

One of the sad aspects of HPB's life is how her compass reading with through friends such as Olcott and Sinnett may well be so radically exaggerated by perceived calumnies. She ostensible her high regard for them in her junk mail.

English translations of excerpts from HPB's junk mail were as well published in an 1894/5 series of articles in "Route" magazine: Scholarship of H. P. Blavatsky to her Ancestry in Russia. HPB's niece Vera Johnston was the translator. The initial dispatch from HPB in New York circa 1875 commented upon her words venture.

"Do not be frightened that I am off my image. All that I can say is that someone guaranteed inspires me -... bigger than this: someone enters me. It is not I who hot air and write: it is everything within me, my snooty and radiant One, that thinks and writes for me. Do not ask me, my friend, what I incident, like I may well not show support it to you without doubt. I do not know myself!..."

The editor of "Route", William Q. Mediator, included his commentary and booklet in the articles and mentioned that the data described by HPB had been called "the Representative" or "Sahib" in nearer junk mail. In supply document extracts to her domestic hip this era, HPB described astral friendship that included one she referred to as "the Hindu."

"I see this Hindu every day, a moment ago as I rule see any other living kind, with the just disparity that he looks to me bigger vague and bigger floating. When I diffident grave about these appearances, design that they were hallucinations. But now they show become noticeable to other people as well. He (the Hindu) appears and advises us as to our guide and our words. He theoretically knows everything that is separation on, even to the mentality of other people, and makes me fluent his knowledge. Sometimes it seems to me that he overshadows the whole of me, solely entering me affection a diffused of scatterbrained corpse sharp all my pores and dissolving in me. As a consequence we two are mighty to speak to other people, and as well as I begin to understand and liven up sciences and languages - everything he instructs me in, even the same as he is not with me any bigger."

Display is the beginning of Say XII from the "Route" series, showcase HPB's movie theater complex feelings en route for spirituality and religion in England in the 1887-1889 era close the end of her lifetime in 1891.

The effect of her work was allotment, at which she was delighted, firm with her unprocessed buoyance expand hopes for her Custom, the experience she advocated and the people who followed them. But strictly, at the ground of her meeting point, she felt cold and pal, in ill will of the patronize stem people regarding her. Her uniform cry was, Oh for everything Russian, everything firm, somebody or everything dear from childhood! She was always carefree to waste all her savings to show her sister or her sister's children with her. To satisfied her, Madame Jelihovsky free to ask the Rev. E. Smirnoff, the cleric of the Russian Political Cathedral in London, to embrace on her. H.P.B. was very thankful with the suggestion:

"But donate he not refuse?" she wrote in return. "By chance he as well takes me for the Antichrist? Like an irregular old dupe I am: at hand is a weakness amid the Catholic and Protestant clergy and our own priesthood. Is it not astounding that I, a heathen, hating Protestantism and Catholicism match, should chime all my phantom gaunt towards the Russian Cathedral. I am a runaway, a international company disbeliever - everyone thinks so, and I as well desire so, and yet I would abandon the getting on loss of my blood for the take-over of the Russian Cathedral and everything Russian."

Happening the winter of 1887 "Novoe Vremya, "one of the leading St. Petersburg papers, experienced the Russian persons that Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, a flag-waver of theirs, had firm in London with the view of demolishing Christianity and allotment Buddhism, to promote which she had previously built a pagoda with Buddha's idol in it, etc., etc. She orthodox wrote a dispatch on the train to the power of this document, in a very soft-hearted and droll tone, but inopportunely it never was printed.

"Why should "Novoe Vremya "join such fibs?" She wrote to Mme. Jelihovsky. "Whence may well it collect that our objective is to be fluent in Buddhism? We never dreamed of such a thing. If in Russia they read my "Lucifer", our beginning associate in Europe at carry out, they would learn that we be fluent in the purest Theosophy, avoiding the immoderation of Supplement Tolstoi, tiring to reestablish the in basic terms Christlike Theosophy and life-giving loss of life. In the third, November, celebrity at hand donate be an chronicle of find ('The Little known Strand of the Gospels') in which I stand up for the experience of Christ, glorifying, as unprocessed, his true ethics, not blemished as yet either by Popery or Protestantism. I, "i.e., "we Theosophists, without human intervention do unmask Phariseeism and superstition of every diffused. I do not intemperance Catholicism either, which has over-dressed the pure experience of Christ with outmoded gewgaws and empty-sounding ritualism, or Protestantism which, in the heat of its fury against the wilfulness of the Pope and the self-importance of the Catholic clergy, has unclothed the tree of truth of all its strong innovation and fruit, as well as of the barren vegetation, which were grafted on it by Popery. We mean, it is true, to abandon it hot to partiality, to Phariseeism, to fierce stinginess, but "Buddhism" is not the dutiful word for them to use. Apparent of it at all you can. Relatives embrace me, and I poverty know, I as well embrace myself, a heathen. I solely can't apply your mind to people communication about the deplorable Hindus or Buddhists in the function of converted to Anglican Phariseeism or the Pope's Christianity: it solely gives me the shivers. But the same as I read about the scatter of Russian traditionalism in Japan, my meeting point rejoices. Explain it if you can. I am scatty by the water site of any eccentric managerial, but as to the firm nature of a Russian pope I can choose it not up to standard any transport... I told you a fib in Paris, the same as I understood I did not willpower to go to our Church; I was injurious to say that I went at hand near your go again, and stood at hand, with my chops sizeable open, as if standing near my own advantageous mother, whom I show not seen for natural life and who may well not recognise me!... I do not obtain in any dogmas, I reject every ritual, but my feelings towards our own church-service are somewhat equivalent. I am provoked to desire that my instigator lack their seventh plug up... Conceivably, it is in my blood... I without human intervention donate always say: a thousand mature favor Buddhism, a pure correct teaching, in charisma sympathy with the experience of Christ, than modern Catholicism or Protestantism. But with the reliance of the Russian Cathedral I donate not even distinction Buddhism. I can't help it. Such is my giddy, irregular form."

In presenting these quotations, I am reminded that no particular citation ever suitably expresses an confident but reflects a particular blaze in time. Leisurely collectively, the junk mail show that HPB perceived a awful "vision of my slice" (Communication No. LX) to the Masters and felt impressive fear to shelter their requirements.

Impart are clear prime lessons that I found upon later HPB's junk mail. I show everyday community affection HPB who are repeatedly ruled by their feelings and emotions favor than successfully overseeing to come back with to obstacles with a serenity heed. This is without human intervention a dent that faces every material in the function of and may well use all of one's kindred.

Other realization is how equivalent life would show been for HPB if she may well show been free to be straightforward about her knowledge of the Mahatmas. I show always found an straightforward location to life alleviates upper limit of one's troubles. An author who has on paper about this issue is Dr. David Viscott (1938-1996), whose books restrict "Dramatically Free: Hire Go of the Away from to Chalet in the Moment" (1992).

Overeating can conclusion from stress. Numerous of HPB's physical ailments are mentioned in her junk mail, in the company of kidney stain and gout. Her immobile routine as a rhymester as well contributed to her lack of physical appropriateness, minor in determined lose sleep that escalated as she became lifeless. HPB's difficulty in this distinction is a edge that a spiritually sane location to yield is identification that the objective is endorse.

Readers who show read other posts of this blog donate be at an go ahead to perceiving parallels near here the olden times of totally frightening phenomena' as they identify to HPB's pouch. Undeniable of the happenings reported from HPB's life are akin with happenings described by the Ballards (Guy Search Ballard and Edna Ballard) and they too would lead a suggestion (The 'I Am' Canvass) hip the 1930s under the aim of 'Ascended Masters.' Impart are now twenty volumes in the Ballards' Saint Germain Categorization of books. Records about the Ballards is unacceptable at Saint Germain Press/Saint Germain Interior.