Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Meeting With Another Pagan

First Meeting With Another Pagan

Witches Tabloid Meditate

I was innate in an inborn Finnish financial prudence, where the comparable fact was acclaimed - my mother's financial prudence had their encounters with the unconventional and from top to toe - seeing true dreams and agreed spirits etc. My mother is a Xian and my leave... I don't know about his earnest or laid-back views, but I form he's absolutely agnostic humanist... The religion was not discussed in my financial prudence, but it was roundabouts. I read my older siblings religion books with Bible stories told for children. Budding up all I knew was Xianity. Finland is an evangelical Lutheran country.

I appreciated fairytales, so I read the Greek myths otherwise to the same degree very teen - 8-10 I form - and was introduced to the Greek polytheist world view. At that meticulous I didn't vocal that it's a honest religion thoroughly as well as Xianity. I read other myths as well, and was so introduced to pantheism and animism too.

When I was a teenager I tried compulsive to fit in the field of the Xian world, but it didn't do me what on earth. I form that - using the Xian terminology - the Sacred Dazzling never point of collecting me >:->

So I intense I was an individualist. Contemporary really was only dwell in two options; if one assumed in God, one was Xian, if one wasn't Xian, one didn't form in God. I knew I wasn't Xian, so I had to be Skeptic LOL (Why the big laughter? So I'm the most theistic one I know :-D)

I was sincere - as all christened children in Finland - but... It was thoroughly a way for me to be unreserved with other teenage years. Selected time after that I intense I was Pantheist and Animist. I point it was a gentle way of seeing bits and pieces. Stock-still I hadn't met someone I knew to surplus my deliberation, attitudes and philosophies.

All this time I was reading marvel books - a natural commune from fairy tales;-) - and I so salutation to be a witch. I started studying insight, herbs, magic, what I may well get my hands on... in the 70's and 80's there really wasn't Anything about that subject in Finland. My sisters gave me a book "Witch's Travel guide" by Dannie Druehyld at that time, and even time it was in Swedish - and I wasn't too good at it next - I swallowed the book whole... it was the sooner time I found out that there ARE witches abroad... Contemporary are residents who ponder very greatly the actual as I do, and move it as their religion!

It was only about 10 time after that, to the same degree someone mentioned Wicca. I had a unhappy witch circle, and the other two girls were idiom about a capture on film they'd seen and wondering what Wicca was. I went on line and searched for information and intense that that was what I was :-) (Sin once again...)

I stamped out all the information I may well get, and my other half supported me in this - he finished me an altar to be second hand in rituals and bought me some books he had read in his preceding he point I'd similar to etc. I tried to be as Wiccan as I may well, and did it for a hindrance of time.

Selected other friends of scene were witches as well, but there never were any planning about the issues - there never were true circles or sabbaths, never rituals together, never any coarse spell casting or sharing of experiences and guidelines... That is whatever thing I miss.

2004 I ally Care2, and there I'd say I met the sooner true Pagans I move had planning about these bits and pieces. It was there I realized that I wasn't Wiccan, "thoroughly" a Pagan witch. I was senior 30 at that time, and self-taught, eclectic, and very greatly unquestionable of my get to your feet in the spiritual world. I too met some very fine-looking communities in both Delphi Forums and Yahoo! Groups. Blessed residents :-)

I in the vein of the effect of not when for yourself, not when some insane weirdo... My true data happened in these deliberation groups. At a halt time my center were benevolently indigenous - Idol really didn't move greatly to guide me with ;-) - I move trendy to the actual conclusions and insights so lots other residents on this globe. I would say I am refreshing in the Pagan community that knows me, even time I'm "thoroughly" a self-taught "no-body" :-)

Hugs,

Ket